Kremlin Watch Program presents a flagship publication from the 2018 STRATCOM SUMMIT: The Prague Manual: How to Tailor National Strategy Using Lessons Learned from Countering Kremlin’s Hostile Subversive Operations in Central and Eastern Europe. Číst dále
Autor - European Values
New Kremlin Watch Report by Markéta Krejčí, a Junior Analyst, looks into the accusations of Czech involvement in the case of Skripal’s poisoning, which were fueled by Czech president Zeman’s statements. The report concludes that there is no reason to think that the Czech Republic is involved in Skripal’s poisoning by creating or handling the Novichok and that the Czech president again proved that he will serve the interests of Kremlin and go against the official Czech position. Read the full report. Číst dále
On April 2nd, we held a meeting with Rob Portman, a US congressman, who is active in the fight against Russian disinformation campaigns. Číst dále
The following summary put together what we know about activities of Cambridge Analytica, Lukoil and the pro-Kremlin Czech President Miloš Zeman.
While many questions are not answered yet, we decided to put together what is yet known in the public domain:
Channel 4 investigation shows Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix saying that they have worked on elections in the Czech Republic.
Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie testified at the UK Parliament that:
- he heard about the work of CA in the Czech Republic, but he did not personally work on this project
- Lukoil wanted to see presentations of CA capabilities
- there were numerous meetings and calls between CA and Lukoil
- CEO of CA Alexander Nix have communicated directly with CEO of Lukoil about this work
- Lukoil wanted to know about massive profiling projects of CA in foreign countries, also wanted to see the experience of CA with disinformation and rumor campaigns
- the leading professor from CA in charge of data harvesting traveled there and back to Russia
- according to Wylie, Lukoil works with FSB and serves where FSB cannot
- he was surprised why Lukoil would be interested to hire CA to work in foreign countries, the MP who questioned him said that there is a connection between Lukoil and advisor to the Czech President
At the same time, we know that Lukoil has had a strong footprint in Czech politics.
Source: President of Russia
Chief advisor to the Czech President Miloš Zeman has been working for Lukoil and when he got personally indebted in 2016, Lukoil paid the whole debt of approx 1 million EUR for him to keep him in the position of the chief advisor to the Czech Resident Miloš Zeman.
Details are available here: