European Values Think-Tank presents a new report from its Security Strategies Program, authored by Martin Svárovský. Číst dále
Autor - European Values
In our international team, we welcome foreign students and experts to exchange experience and work on joint projects. In 2018, we had our colleagues in/from 8 foreign countries on/from 4 continents.
Below, see some examples of framework cooperation which we are proud to have:
- Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowships – young experts from the EaP countries
- Olmsted Fellowship – for US military officers
- The University of Toronto, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy – foreign internship placements for their students
- The University of Glasgow – foreign internship placements for their students (long-term cooperation set, no students yet)
- Polish Naval Academy in Gdynia – foreign internship placements for their students (long-term cooperation set, no students yet)
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah – foreign internship placements for their students studying Czech language
- EUSA – Academic Internship Experts – a not-for-profit international education organization arranging internship placements for international students
European Values Think-Tank presents a new report by the Security Strategies Program Head, Martin Svárovský. The text is reflecting the need for deterrent and reassuring measures in the form of the European Reassurance Initiative / European Deterrence Initiative along with the Enhanced Forward Presence and their further reinforcement, especially in the Baltics. PDF available here.
Time: Thursday, May 2rd, 15:00 – 16:30
Venue: Office of the European Values Think-Tank, Na Baště sv. Jiří 11, Prague 6, Subway station Hradčanská
Profile: Jessikka Aro is an investigative journalist with the Finnish Public Broadcasting Company’s cross-media product Yle Kioski. Aro specialises in research into Russia, extremism and information war. She won the Bonnier Journalism Prize in 2016 for her research about pro-Russia trolls in Finland. At the moment she is investigating and writing a book on how Russia-connected activists troll, hack and stalk civilians internationally.
On May 6 afternoon (13:00 – 17:00) European Values Think-Tank will organize workshops for Georgian journalists and analysts from non-governmental organizations.
The workshops will focus on understanding objectives and influence toolkits of Russia and China and lessons learnt from countering this threat in Central Europe.
The event will be held under Chatham House Rule, working language is English, no interpreting.
Venue of this event will be in Tbilisi and confirmed participants will be notified before the event.
Georgian journalists and NGO analysts are welcome to register to receive further information via email:
The Lithuanian Embassy in Berlin and European Values Think-Tank would like to invite you to an evening debate on Confronting hostile foreign influence against European democracies.
Time: April 4, 18:00
Venue: Lithuanian Embassy in Berlin, Charitéstraße 9, 10117 Berlin
- Andrex Foxall, Director of Russia Program, Henry Jackson Society, based in London
- Jakub Janda, Director, European Values Think-Tank, based in Prague
- Mareike Ohlberg, Fellow, MERICS, based in Berlin
- Martin Hála, Director, Sinopsis, based in Prague
Please, register here:
Kierownikiem nowego Programu Strategii Bezpieczeństwa został Martin Svárovský. Celem programu w ramach think-tanku European Values jest stymulacja dyskusji strategicznej poświęconej zmianom środowiska politycznego oraz kwestiom wzmacniana bezpieczeństwa regionu flanku wschodniego NATO. Miedzi głównymi tematami nowego programu są stosunki transatlantyckie oraz Czesko-Polskie. Číst dále
The team of the European Values Think-Tank has been strengthened by Mr. Martin Svárovský who was for 19 years serving at the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Deputy Director of the Central European Department, Deputy Director of the Policy Planning Staff and Deputy Ambassador of the Czech Republic to Warsaw and Budapest. Martin will be heading the new Security Strategies Program of the European Values Think-Tank focusing mainly on security interests of the Czech Republic in the context of Trans-Atlantic Alliance, relations with Poland and increasingly aggressive behavior of Russia and China. Číst dále
[embeddoc url=”https://www.europeanvalues.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/STRATCOM-SUMMIT-Program.pdf” download=”none”]
The challenge of countering Islamic extremism in Germany continues to vex policy makers, the security community and the wider public. The paper identifies key Islamic extremist actors in Germany and analyses the threat they pose to the German liberal-order. Authored by Kay Westenberger and Jan Stehlík of the Internal Security Program, it is available in English and German. Číst dále