In 2017, we can see several trends within NATO & wider Eastern neighbourhood:
- The aggressiveness and intensity of Kremlin-linked disinformation and influence operations is increasing (still, it varies in regions and time)
- The security and political importance of the issue of hostile foreign influence (mainly by ISIS & Russia) is growing in most allied countries, becoming mainstream in media environments of the key allied countries (Germany, USA, others)
- A group of concerned European countries is stepping up their policy responses to this threat
- Number of interested security & foreign policy professionals in national institutions is growing, while majority of them are not specialists with in-depth knowledge of this highly complex issue
Based on these trends, European Values Think-Tank is preparing the Training Centre.
Objectives of the Training Centre
Primary objective: Practically raise the awareness on the issue by gradually expanding the number of like-minded experts with shared level of knowledge in the allied institutions by providing training modules.
Secondary objective: Provide a specific and very practical meaning to the transatlantic security-related cooperation and knowledge/experience sharing.
In general terms, the Centre will focus on:
- General government security officers
- Advanced government specialists
- Think-tankers & activists