The purpose of this event is to discuss how various allied stated perceive the threat which Russian Federation poses to European security infrastructure and internal affairs of Western democracies.
A new comparative study “Behavior of Putin`s Russia through lens of allied strategic and policy documents” by European Values Think-Tank will be presented. It will analyze security strategies, foreign policy strategies and annual reports of allied intelligence agencies of EU28 states through lens of how these documents perceive behavior of the Russian Federation.
Photo source: Victorgrigas CC BY-SA 3.0
This conference will be held under patronage of Jaromír Štětina MEP, Vice-Chair of Security and Defense Subcommittee of the European Parliament.
Date & venue:
24 April 2017 – European Parliament, Brussels (room 6Q1), 17:00 – 18:30
Opening remarks: Jaromír Štětina MEP, Vice-Chair of Security and Defense Subcommittee of the European Parliament (confirmed)
- Moderation: Jessikka Aro, investigative journalist
- Presentation of the new Study: Jakub Janda, Deputy Director of European Values Think-Tank
- Roland Freudenstein, Policy Director, WMCES
- Andreas Umland, Fellow, Institute for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation
- Anton Shekhovtsov, Visiting Fellow, Institute of Human Sciences
Please register here: